We need as many people as possible to join the fight against food poverty. Please become part of our campaign by taking some of the actions suggested below.
- Subscribe to our newsletter here to follow to our campaign – and tell others in the Labour movement about it.
- Sign our open letter asking the Labour Party to adopt the Charter on Hunger.
- Write to your local council and urge it to implement a food poverty action plan, if it doesn’t already have one, based on the actions recommended here.
- Follow us on Twitter (@LabourHunger) and Facebook.
- Support the following campaigns:
- End the five-week wait for Universal Credit: https://www.trusselltrust.org/2019/02/08/five-weeks-long-wait-universal-credit-join-campaign/
- Free school meals for children from families with no recourse to public funds: https://nelmacampaigns.wordpress.com/free-school-meals/
- Don’t let the local lifeline be cut – ask your local council to maintain its welfare support scheme: https://churchpoverty.e-activist.com/page/40322/action/1?ea.tracking.id=capwebsite
- Improve the uptake of Healthy Start vouchers, designed to ensure low-income pregnant women and children under four get the nutrients they need: https://sustainweb.eaction.org.uk/lobby/healthystart
- Help the Unity Project, which provides free legal support to people with no recourse to public funds: